How is granite formed?
- Granite is a hard natural igneous rock.
- The principal constituents of granite are feldspar, quartz, biotite and other minerals.
- Various unique colors, textures, shades and patterns were a result of the minerals melting into the liquid mass in the formation process. (This is why patterns may vary)
Why should I choose granite?
- Granite is an aesthetically decorative natural stone surface.
- Timeless beauty.
- Involves low maintenance and is easy to clean.
- Very low porosity -difficult for bacteria to hide.
- Stain resistant.
- Difficult to scratch or burn.
- Maintains its polish look for many years.
- Withstands the rigors of daily kitchen activities much longer than its rivals.
- Adds elegance and value to your home.
- Unique – colours, shades and patterns may vary giving you an individual design.
One of the oldest but most durable natural stones available. It is the ultimate in kitchen design and no man made material can match its elegance and durability.
What do I need to consider when buying a granite countertop?
- Color / Type of stone.
- Cut outs for hobs and sinks
- Drainer grooves.
- Recessed drainers.
- Return Ends.
Where can I use granite?
Granite is suitable for kitchen countertops, vanity units and other custom designs.